Sunday, November 16, 2014

Weekend reruns

Dr. Grumpy: "You look kind of unsteady today."

Mr. Woodstock: "Yeah, I smoked a few joints out in my car before coming up here."

Dr. Grumpy: "Why did you do that?"

Mr. Woodstock: "I was really nervous about coming in today."

Dr. Grumpy: "Why were you nervous? You've been here before."

Mr. Woodstock: "Oh, not about that. I've been drinking scotch all morning, and didn't want you to notice I was drunk when I came in. I've never been drunk to a doctor visit before, so I smoked some weed to calm down, because I didn't want you to think I'd been drinking."

10 comments:

bobbie said...

I didn't know neurologists treated addictions...

Anonymous said...

Omg, I didn't know we shared patients! LOL. I had one who told me that he had just smoked a joint before he came in. We ran a tox screen and it turned out negative to THC but positive for cocaine. It's all about balance, right?

Anonymous said...

Of course he drove.....

lbparker said...

Makes perfect sense. If your brain is pickled. And then smoked. Wow.

brent said...

I have had similar incidents. I told the patients that they could have someone pick them up or take a taxi. The alternative was that I call the police and have them arrested for DUI.

Candi said...

In that state, it's unlikely he'll understand you can't do that if you're on medication. It just won't work out, and could be dangerous.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't sound like he was cussing, yet, about the stop sign that came up off the curb and yelled at him for not stopping.

Helsie said...

Wasn't there a recent movie starring Tom Hanks where an airline pilot used drugs to disguise his drinking? Probably got the idea from there !

Packer said...

Real broad definition of medical marijuana.

Elli said...

In cannabis veritas.

 
Locations of visitors to this page