Monday, May 1, 2017

Rug

Dr. Grumpy: "At your last visit we started Flingase, how's that been going?"

Mrs. Scalp: "It's helped my migraines, but causing a lot of hair loss! I feel like I'm going bald!"

Dr. Grumpy: "Yeah, like we'd talked about, that can be a side effect."

Mrs. Scalp: "The trade-off just isn't worth it. I want to try something else."

Dr. Grumpy: "That's fine. Let me..."

Mrs. Scalp: "Here's this."

(puts a Ziploc bag on my desk)

Dr. Grumpy: "Uh... what's that?"

Mrs. Scalp: "It's all the hair that's fallen out. I've been saving it for today."

Dr. Grumpy: "I, um, see."

Mrs. Scalp: "Since you were familiar with the drug I figured you'd know a way to put it back on. Isn't there a Flingase antidote?"

Dr. Grumpy: "No, but it'll grow back with stopping the drug."

Mrs. Scalp: "Will it all be back by this weekend? I have a wedding to go to."

Dr. Grumpy: "No..."

Mrs. Scalp: "Well, this is a lot of hair." (picks up bag) "Do you have glue or something?"

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, you must have made up that story!!!!
What?? you didn't?? People are that stupid!!..........

Anonymous said...

Fortunately for her, you do have that super glue.

bobbie said...

Anon @ 7:09 AM ~ my thoughts exactly!!

Packer said...

My neighbor lost her hair to chemo/radiation for breast cancer, it was traumatic over the course of several weeks as clumps came out she would cry , but another woman in her support group came with the clippers and they had a shaving party and celebrated.
I always thought that her courage was renewed with that act. And although her treatment extended over the course of the year, her being was wonderfully optimistic. Dealing with chronic illness can be a bitch.

Ms. Donna said...

WHAT!!!!! No hairdresser or wig maker on staff? Tsk, tsk.

Tarquin "R.J." Toffeebridge V said...

"I'd hate to have to spend the money on a merkin."

Mage said...

OMG

Unknown said...

Doc Grumpy, your patients are weird!
Packer, when my Mom lost her hair from chemo, I borrowed clippers and gave her a Mohawk so we could laugh before I took the rest off. It was that or cry, laughing was better.

Anonymous said...

I had a little craniotomy or two in high school, and hair removal was essential. So, I wore a wig in class. No one questioned why the gal with the straight hair all her life was suddenly sporting a 'fro. (This was fifty years ago, so it would've been something back then.) One day in German class, we were using adjectives to describe personal appearances, and how appearances might be deceiving. I would've loved to whip that wig off when the loudmouth in the second row talked mentioned how he could tell fakes, except the fresh scars might've freaked the other students.

Crazy RxMan said...

Forget the blog. Obviously you have a side business opportunity with wigs.

Geno said...

Don't you have a hair raising experience at work? You should have offered her your Mad Hatter hat, and some crumpets with that, perhaps some tea, to make her pee, then everything would have been dandee!

rjs said...

On late night TV ads wasn't here some kind of spray hair in a can you could use to cover the bald spot?

 
Locations of visitors to this page